What is affordable housing?
Affordable homes are simply safe, quality places to live at lower rents and mortgage payments.
Who needs and uses affordable housing?
Senior citizens with fixed incomes, persons with disabilities, and families with limited incomes. It could be the person who repairs your shoes, a friend’s grandmother, or the clerk in a retail store.
Communities are stronger and healthier when everyone has a place to call home. Our members have developed over 5,000 quality affordable rental homes and created over 2,100 homeownership opportunities for individuals and families of low income in the Spokane area.
If you are homeless, contact:
- Dial 211 from a landline (home phone) or 1-866-904-9060 from a cell phone. Ask for an operator, then ask for any resources they might be able to help you with, such as organizations or agencies that have bus passes, rental assistance, medical clinics etc.
- For women & Children, call Transitions on - 509.328.6702 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Domestic Violence, call YWCA - call: 509.326.2255
- House of Charity - 32 W Pacific Ave
- Crosswalk for Teens - 525 W 2nd Ave
- Union Gospel Mission for Men - 1224 E. Trent Ave
- Union Gospel Mission for Women & Children -1515 E Illinois Ave
- Cannon Street Shelter - 527 S Cannon
- Family Promise of Spokane - 2002 E. Mission
- Community Frameworks is the owner and steward for a number of affordable multi-family rental properties in the Spokane area. They strive to provide housing choices that help stabilize individuals and families through increased safety and healthier living environments, improved energy efficiency, reduced monthly expenses, and improve access to jobs, education, health services, and recreation.
- Housing | Catholic Charities Eastern Washington - Affordable housing, including case management and social programming, is available to low-income seniors, veterans, and people living with disabilities, and chronically homeless individuals and families.
- Spokane Housing Authority HOUSING PROGRAMS/RESOURCES if you are experiencing homelessness If you are homeless, please call 2-1-1 OR contact Spokane’s Homeless Coordinated Assessment before calling the homeless shelters. 2-1-1 or the Assessment team will assess your situation and direct you to the agencies which serve your particular needs.
- Spokane Housing Ventures Address 2001 North Division Street Suite 100 Spokane, WA 99207. Phone (509) 232-0170. Fax (509) 484-4617.